Wednesday 24 April 2019

Top 14 Pt 1

Now we get the very big stage and the votes are public votes. Ryan's back. The judges will each pick one to save out of the bottom seven to create the Top 10 for this Season.

Laine

That's all Right Mama

Even this guy manages to bring the Church into his intro now. It's such a big thing across the Pond in this section of Entertainment land. Laine looks cool and does the Elvis number pretty straight but without any of the Elvis style. He is very competent, pleasant but a bit bland. There's no X factor, although I like the guy and would put him in the Top 10. Just.

Evelyn

The middle by Jimmy Eat World

Wow. This is different! Nice, best best pants in the world! Great number I haven't heard of before but i wish I had. Loved that. She's pretty too and very competent. I am not sure what voters will make of it, though. For that reason she may be at risk.

Alyssa

She Used To Be Mine

A classy look, way over 16. Not an easy song, quite an older person song which she delivers accurately but I'm not sure about the emotions and one or two off-key bits appeared to which spoilt her performance. A tough act but not one of her best efforts. She could be vulnerable as everyone's so likeable this year.

Eddie

Benny & The Jets

A good choice for this guy. Much better than last week. That could please the crowd too as he's more of an act than Laine was. A smart move and he puts a lot into a real performance. Not a winner, though. I wouldn't have put him in the Top14 but he might stick around.

Riley

Suds In The Bucket

Cheer leader, pom poms, this is the real Country American gal. Such a pretty young thing too. This is fabulous classic Country in both her voice and look. The best performance so far. Spot-on vocals and really very entertaining. The song's about an 18-year-old going off with her prince just like that one afternoon. Riley's a bit young but it just about rang true. That was cool. I hope people do vote for her and not just assume she'll do well.

Wade

Trouble

He tells us how he used to sing 'Metal' style music and looked the part then too. Quite a difference now. Now he's found a great niche and is quite different to the rest. It is a big, moody number but he's got tough competition now and I am not sure how good this was for catching votes. He may have saved himself. I'm not sure.

Dimitrius

Perfect (Ed Sheeran)

I'd forgotten that he sued to sing opera. That may explain why he is so good vocally. A nice track which should appeal. He may not get the Texas vote, I guess, but he is the best male singer so far. He puts an original touch to the well-known Ed Sheeran number. Well done.

Madison

Fallin' (Alicia Keyes)

Another 17 year old but what a difference! A really classy performance of this track which is very demanding. A strong presence as she moves from piano to the stage. I'd put her top with that at the moment.

Jeremiah

We All Fall In Love Sometimes

This is an Elton John track which I don't know. It suits him really well, though, and he could turn that into a hit tomorrow. A stunning performance. the vest so far.  A sure-fire Top 10 place for him.

Uché

Finesse (Bruno Mars)

He is the #1 performance artist this year. The track, though, did not work for me at all and I am not at all sure the voters will have figured it out either. However, for sheer talent, he needs to make it. Pretty amazing. The crowd and judges all loved it, whatever it was.

Alejandro

One Dance (Drake)

A different scene for Alejandro as the DJ or Electronic Board manager tonight. It's pretty cool and nicely 2020, which will get some useful youth votes. Fascinating to see this breadth of talent.This week he doesn't win but he will most certainly be in the Top 10.

Ashley

Fix You (Coldplay)

I feel she has a lot to do to stay in the Top 10. It's a great song to make the attempt, though. I love her voice. I prefer her to Madison on this occasion but I am not sure the public are right behind her in enough numbers. I hope they vote but i am not sure.

Laci

I Miss You (Blink 182)

A powerful and quite stunning performance. Very pure talent. I love this interpretation. Will the public? I guess she steals Ashley's spot. I also think she steals Madison's too.

Walker

Climb Every Mountain

Wow. that's unexpected. He's popular and even though this didn't quite work production-wise, with annoying drums, he might just squeeze into the Top 10, taking Edie's spot.




No comments:

Post a Comment